CHEMISTRY IMPORTANT QUESTIONS R13 B.tech First Year
Following units are important and easy units in Chemisrty...
UNIT-I ELECTRO CHEMISTRY& CORROSION
- Define (i) Specific conductance (ii) Equivalent conductance (iii)Molar conductance (iv) Cell constant
- Discuss the effect of dilution (i)Define battery. Differentiate between primary and secondary cells.(ii)Explain the construction and working lead-acid battery
- Explain the construction and working of the following electrodes (i)Calomel (ii) Quinhydrone (iii) Glass electrode
- Write about concentration cells
- What is cathodic protection? Explain sacrificial anode and impressed current cathodic protection
- a) Differentiate between galvanising and tinning b) Paints and its constituents
- a) Differentiate between dry and wet corrosion b) Discuss the mechanism of wet corrosion with special reference of rusting of iron
- Write notes on (i) Galvanic corrosion (ii) Differential aeration (iii) Crevice, pitting corrosion
- Write about factors affecting rate of corrosion
- Coatings by hot dipping
- Write a note on hydrogen-oxygen fuel cell and methanol-oxygen fuel cell.
- Write about electro plating of copper and electroless plating of Nickel
- Differentiate between galvanic series and electro chemical series.
UNIT – II POLYMERS
- a) Explain the terms chain and step-growth polymerizations with appropriate examples. b) Describe the preparation, properties and uses of the following (i) PVC (ii) Teflon (iii) Bakelite (iv) Nylon-6,6 (v) Dacron
- Write the differences between thermoplastic and thermosetting resins.
- What is a plastic? Explain a method of compounding and fabrication of plastics.
- What is a natural rubber? Why is it processed? Explain the process of vulcanization.
- Write a note on preparation, properties and applications of the following elastomers (i)BUNA-S (ii) Butyl rubber (iii) Thiokol rubber
- Write a note on Fibre reinforced plastics.
- What are conducting polymers? Explain the role of poly acetylene as conducting polymers.
- What are bio-degradable polymers? Explain the preparation and applications of Poly vinyl acetate and poly-Lactic acid.
- Discuss the manufacture of cement by dry and wet process.
- Explain setting and hardening of cement. Give necessary equations.
- What are lubricants? Discuss the mechanism of lubrication.
- Explain the following properties of lubricants. (i) Viscosity (ii) viscosity index (iii) Flash and Fire point (iv) Cloud and Pour point
- Differentiate between Flash point and Fire point, Pour point and Cloud point.
- a) What are refractories? What are the criteria of good refractories? b) Classification of refractories.
- Explain the following properties of refractories (i) Refractoriness (ii) Chemical inertness (iii) Dimensional stability (iv) Porosity (v) Thermal spalling
- What are nano materials? Explain sol-gel method of preparation of nano materials.
- Write notes on applications of nano materials.
- What is carbonate and non-carbonate hardness? Give various units of hardness
- Explain ion- exchange method
- Write notes on all the boiler trouble
- Write a note on (i) reverse osmosis (ii) Electro dialysis
- Explain Zeolite process
- EDTA method of estimation of hardness
- Numerical on temporary, permanent and total hardness
- Write a note on Phosphate, colloidal and Calgon conditioning of water.
- What are specifications of potable water? Write the steps involved in treatment of potable water
UNIT-IV ENERGY SOURCES
- Proximate and ultimate analysis
- Classification of fuels and refining of petroleum
- What is cracking? Write a note on fixed bed catalytic cracking
- Bergius and Fischer tropsch process for synthesis of petrol.
- Explain flue gas analysis by Orsat’s process
- Junker calorimeter for CV of gaseous fuels
- Define calorific value,HCV,LCV,flue gas and numerical
UNIT-V PHASE RULE& SURFACE CHEMISTRY
- Define phase rule and explain terms in it. Write their advantages and limitations.
- What is meant by one component system? With a neat phase diagram explain water system
- a) What is condensed phase rule? Explain Ag-pb system. b)Explain de-silverisation of argentiferous lead
- Explain Fe-C system
- Write notes on (a) Hardening (b) Annealing (c) Nitriding (d) Cyaniding
- Differentiate between triple point and eutectic point
- a) Differentiate between physical and chemical adsorption. b) Derive Langmuir adsorption isotherm.
- a) Differentiate between lyophilic and lyophobic colloids. b) Explain Tyndal effect.
- Write notes on i) Electrophoresis ii) Electro dialysis (or) electro osmosis
- Write notes on protective action of lyophilic colloids.
- Discuss the applications of i) Adsorption ii) Colloids.
- Write notes on micelles.
- Write notes on i) Fullerenes ii) Carbon nano tubes.