GATE 2016 Exam Notification, Eligibility, Exam Dates
GATE 2016 Exam Notification, Eligibility, Exam Dates
Good News to all Engineering students for GATE 2016 Exam Notification, Eligibility and Exam Dates. The below Poster gives you the exact details and Info. regarding GATE Examinantion.
CLICK HERE to visit the GATE Website for exact Schedule.
Important Dates: Gate 2016
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens for Enrolment, Application Filling, Application Submission||September 1, 2015 (Tuesday)|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website||October 1,2015 (Thursday)|
|Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login||November 20, 2015 (Friday)|
|Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing||December 17, 2015 (Thursday)|
GATE 2016 Online Examination
Forenoon: 9.00 AM to 12.00 Noon
|January 30 to February 07, 2016|
|Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website||March 19, 2016 (Saturday)|
[Warning]: Submission of Application Starting Date: 1st September 2015 (Tuesday) Ending Date : 1st October 2015 (Thursday)
- Admission to Postgraduate Courses (Master’s and Doctoral) in the country, with MHRD and other Government Scholarships/Assistantships in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Science, is open to those who qualify in GATE. The GATE score is also used by some PSUs for their recruitment.
- Validity of GATE 2016 score will be for a period of 3 (THREE) YEARS ONLY from the date of announcement of results. Examinations for all the papers will be conducted as Computer Based Tests only. For some of the papers, the examination will be conducted in multiple sessions. For details, please visit GATE 2015 website http://gate.iisc.ernet.in
Candidates in the following categories ONLY are eligible to appear for GATE:
(a) Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
(b) Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
(c) Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
(d) Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
(e) Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those in the second or higher year of such programs.
(f) Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering / Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
(g) Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those in the final year of such programs.
(h) Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible. Candidates have to apply only ONLINE. The application fee is 750 for women candidates, 750 for the SC/ST/PwD category candidates and 1500 for all others. The application fee can be paid either online or through e-challan (additional bank charges may apply). The application fee is non-refundable.
Basic Features: Gate 2016
- Examinations for all the 23 papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using the virtual keypad. Rest of the questions shall be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type.
- Biometric information (Photograph and Fingerprints) for randomly selected candidates may be captured before the start of the examination.
- GATE 2016 examinations will be held during forenoon and afternoon sessions on weekends (Saturdayand Sunday) between 30th January 2016 and 21st February 2016. Examination for some of the papers in GATE 2016 will be held in multiple sessions. Exact details regarding complete examination schedule will be notified at a later date.
- For GATE 2016 the entire process of filling up of application form, uploading of certificates/documents etc., will be online and the candidates should not send any hard copy of their application form/documents etc., to IISc or any of the IIT’s zonal GATE office.
- The payment of application fees would be through electronic mode online as well as through payment at bank counters using e-challan.
- The admit cards for GATE 2016 would be available through the online process only. Candidates can download their admit card from GATE 2016 website. No printed copy of admit cards will be posted to the candidates.
Eligibility: Gate 2016
Before starting the application process, the candidate must ensure that he/she meets the eligibility criteria of GATE 2016 given in the following table:
Table : Minimum Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2016
|Qualifying Degree||Qualifying Degree/Examination (Descriptive)||Description of Eligible candidates||Year of Qualification cannot be later than|
|B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm.||Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.||Currently in the final year or already completed||2016|
|B. Arch.||Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (Five years course)||Currently in the final year or already completed||2016|
|B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S.||Bachelor’s degree in Science(Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2016|
|M. Sc./M.A./MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in the final year or already completed||2016|
|Int. M.E/M.Tech(Post-B.Sc.) Post-BSc||Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Four year program)||Currently in the 2nd/3rd/4thyear or already completed||2018|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech or Dual Degree(after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering / Technology (Five year program)||Currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed||2017|
|Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.S.-M.S. program||Currently in the final year or already completed||2016|
|Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch.)||B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
NOTE: If a candidate is pursuing any higher degree or already obtained a degree higher than that mentioned in the above table, then the candidate can select the relevant minimum required qualifying degree while filling the application form.
In case a candidate has passed one of the qualifying examinations as mentioned above in 2015 or earlier, she has to submit the degree certificate / provisional certificate / course completion certificate / professional ceritificate / membership certificate issued by the society or institute. In case, the candidate is expected to complete to complete one of the qualifying criteria in 2016 or later as mentioned above, she has to submit a certificate from Principal or a copy of marks card for section A of AMIE.
Certificate from Principal
Candidates who have to submit a certificate from their college Principal, as determined from above Table, have to obtain one from his/her institution beforehand and upload the same during the online submission of the application form.
Candidates with backlogs
Candidates who have appeared in the final semester/year exam in 2015, but with a backlog (arrears/failed subjects) in any of the papers in their qualifying degree should
1. submit a copy of any one of the marks sheets of the final year,
2. have to obtain a declaration from their Principal along with the signature and seal beforehand and upload the same during the online submission of the application form
Contact Details of Zonal GATE Offices: Gate 2016
|ZONE||Contact Address||Phone Number||Email ID|
Indian Institute of Science
Bengaluru 560 012
|080-23606761, 23606762, 23606763, 23606764, email@example.com|
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Powai,
Mumbai 400 076
|022-2576 7068022-2572 firstname.lastname@example.org|
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, Hauz Khas,
New Delhi 110 016
|011-2659 1749011-2659 email@example.com|
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati,
Guwahati 781 039
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur,
Kanpur 208 016
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur,
Kharagpur 721 302
Indian Institute of Technology Madras,
Chennai 600 036
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee,
Roorkee 247 667